Eco-Driving Reference Library


We arw making a selection of our reference collection available online, gathered together in one place, to aid in public research and education regarding eco-driving initiatives and benefits, as well as related subject materials. This collection will grow in size and functionality as time permits. When available, we will link directly to the source for each document.
« Back to Document Library

Ecodriving in Inland Waterways

2-05waterways.pdf
17 pages | 705 Kb
Published: November 29, 2007
Source: Directoraat-Generaal Transport en Luchtvaart (Netherlands)
2007Inland Shipping in the Netherlands •Dutch fleet: ca. 5,000 ships (50% of western European fleet) •Transport within Dutch borders: 330 Mton (30% of total transported goods) –bulk transport (market share 80% on distances > 100 km) –container transport (market share 33%) –palletised transport (market share 4%) •Inland shipping industry is mainly a family business; ca. 90% has one ship

6DF7CC87-13D3-549E-B3340DB7D5B4D068